Job Opportunities with Leading UK Manufacturer
Looking for your next career opportunity in Design, Engineering or Sales?Grantham Engineering Ltd. (Est. 1946), is a world-renowned engineering company who are a customer focused, quality driven manufacturer of heavy duty electric vibrator motors, vibratory plant and control systems for the global materials handling and process industries.
Invicta Vibrators (www.invictavibrators.co.uk), a division of Grantham Engineering Ltd, have ambitious plans for growth through new product development and as such are seeking the following motivated and ambitious engineers to join our experienced team, based in Grantham, Lincolnshire.
Production / Engineering Manager
This new position is a Senior Management cross-function role predominantly between the Technical Design and Production departments. The aim of this role will be to continually advance our product development and manufacturing technologies to maximise efficiencies and capacities throughout the company.
You will be required to manage and or assist with a number of projects, often simultaneously, to research, assess and develop both the design of and method of manufacture of our product portfolio throughout the Group. This will incorporate, but won’t be limited to, the following:
- Product Design and Development (for existing and new products)
- Assessment / Development of Method of Manufacture
A broad knowledge of manufacturing principles and design engineering is critical to this role and you will be expected to advise on the latest technologies to help the company achieve its ambitious growth goals. To achieve this you may require outside specialist assistance and this will be sort when necessary.
BEng. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a combination of relevant experience and suitable
We require an experienced design engineer to act as a specialist, servicing all technical aspects of the company’s range of vibrator products through the full product life cycle. The role is split between design of new products and development / modification of existing lines and liaising inter-department to provide technical support both internally and externally to our customer / supply base.
A suitable candidate will have prior knowledge of:
- 3D solid modelling (preferably Solidworks)
- Detailing of precision manufactured parts
- Knowledge of general machining techniques and principles
- Use of FEA to optimise strength of components and efficient manufacturing techniques
Required Skill & Attributes:
- Knowledge of hazardous environment standards and legislation (ATEX/UL) – Further training will be given
- Proven track record of product design
- Experience of Product Testing
- Project management skills/experience
- Self-motivated with an enquiring mind and passion for detail
- Creative with strong problem solving skills
- Analytical, methodical and organised
- Able to communicate at all levels within the business
BEng. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a combination of relevant experience and suitable qualifications.
How to Apply
If you feel you have what it takes to join our dynamic team for one of these roles please forward your CV and covering letter, including details of salary expectations and current notice period, if applicable, using the form on this page.